Since you’re here, you already know one place to find me in case the bird joint collapses. I won’t delete my account, but who knows what’s going to happen over there. Somehow, almost 3000 people still follow me for some reason, and I follow 2500 or so. I will miss everyone if things don’t work out. I’ve met so many incredible friends there. Heavy sigh. Which brings me to a statement I’ve been saying for a very long time: own your destination for your network.
Here are a few others:
- Ello – I still have my @bugfrog Ello account from the first twitter exodus. They’ve done some interesting things over there, so if you like the creatives, check it out.
- Mastodon – I signed up as @email@example.com . I need to explore more to find things that match my interests of music, fun, traveling, animation, and making internet things. I’m also interested how this could help the point above – if you set up your own server, you can own your account and use it to grow your network. Will a journalist accreditation organization create a server that they only allow verified and vetted journalists? That could be interesting. There are definite ways to create an identity-linked and protected social tool. It may not be foolproof, but the potential for improvement on current offerings is there.
- Facebook – yeah, still there some. Bryan Giese
- Instagram – this too. Bryan Bugfrog.
- Counter Social – I am @firstname.lastname@example.org as well. A more guarded masto community.
- Hive – I bee @bugfrog on Hive as well. Not using it a ton yet.
- Peach – @bugfrog there as well. (Noticing a trend in naming?) I may be one of two people still using this app. It’s quiet there.
- LinkedIn – this is for work of course. Bryangiese is my name there.
- Tumblr – This is still running too! Bugfrog.tumblr.com . I think it mostly feeds from here methinks.
- YouTube – YouTube.com/@BugfrogTV
- Swarm – Bryan Bugfrog there, although I’m more selective about who i share locations with.
- Yelp – Bryan B.
- Twitch – Bugfrog
- Spoutible – Bugfrog
- Bluesky – Bugfrog
There are more, like if Venmo if you want to send me money, or Axs and LiveNation if we’re going to a show together, so ask if you need one of those. Slack, discord, Reddit, Teams, Xbox, Spotify, SoundCloud, BandCamp, Tripit, Tabs for guitar, Oro Visual Music, Snap, TikTok, Kik, NextDoor, on and on and on…
Generally search for Bugfrog and it may be me, or just come out to a show and we can talk in person.
Talk to you soon!